Sanctuary Preview Webisode 7

07 June 2007

THU 07 - Back to Space again

OK, bar any more problems and the shuttle should be taking off late this Friday in America. Which is good for me because it means it will be about 9.30am Saturday here and I won't have to get up at some godawful hour to watch it. Yes, I still watch launches live!! I don't think I'll ever get over the thrill of watching a launch, I mean these guys actually get to go into Space!!

This time around it's another retract and deploy of solar panels for the Space Station and another truss segment so there's going to be lots of work to be done but hopefully they've learnt a lot from past missions to help streamline the process.

Space, I'd love to go but I know I won't realistically ever get into space but maybe if I win the big lottery I can at least get a suborbital flight under my belt (assuming Virgin Galactic actually get going in the next couple of years). I mean it's technically space and 4 or 5 minutes of weightlessness is worth it right? Oh yeah and don't forget the spectacular view ;-)





The geek in me came across a few interesting things recently :

  1. If you are into recycling then here's a handy helper especially if you are hard up for kitchen space. Check it out at BookOfJoe
  2. The world's slimmest laptop is a fashion accessory? Ugly mate but the specs are relatively nice. Check it out at PopGadget
  3. Tight on space or maybe you like making secret passages? Go and check out the bookshelf doors. Check it out at GizModo



Catch ya later,
Trace

No comments: