Sanctuary Preview Webisode 7

03 August 2007

Fri 03 - I love Wexford!!

I watched Sanctuary webisodes 5 & 6 yesterday and I continue to be impressed with this show as they move into the second story of the pilot. Will seems to be settling in a bit, Helen continues to be mysterious but we're getting little tidbits about her history via flashbacks, Ashley continues to be a handful and be thoroughly entertaining at the same time and the guest characters continue to be impressive!

Wexford I loved him! Paul MGillion did a marvelous job with the character and there is much potential there to have the character as a recurring one but he should be used sparingly to help out with the necessary exposition. I'm curious as to what the cruel irony that his life is centred around. Are those things on his face gills or something like that? Hmmm I'm not sure but he does say that he needs moisture to survive and it looked like he picked a bug off a leaf and ate it, so maybe he is some type of amphibian hybrid???? This is one of the things that I do like about Sanctuary, they don't tell you everything, they throw intelligent hints out to the audience. I very much prefer this style of show where you are required to engage your brain a bit, way too many so called sci-fi shows have been dumbed down lately much to my disgust.

Whilst catching up on things on the net yesterday I found this couple of intriguing ladies who are also Sanctuary fans who have a blog called Two Idiots Do Sanctuary. They are totally off the wall and appeal to my warped sense of humour and they have recorded commentaries for the Sanctuary webisodes. I spent an amusing hour yesterday watching the first half of the Sanctuary pilot in a totally different light!!

Don't forget to vote for Sanctuary at The 2007 SyFy Portal Genre Awards. I noticed that RoX gave a pretty detailed breakdown of her choices a few posts back, but for me it's a simple choice. Vote for SANCTUARY, it simply blows the other candidates out of the water!!





The geek in me came across a few interesting things recently :

  1. Dreamate Sleep Inducer - this would be great for me when work gets to that frantic stage occasionally, I wonder if it really works? Maybe I should read up on those accupressure points. Check it out at ThinkGeek






  2. I certainly could use this power strip in my studio. Check it out at PopGadget






  3. NASA's Chandra Sees Brightest Supernova Ever. Check it out at NASA







Catch ya later,
Trace

No comments: