Sanctuary Preview Webisode 7

07 March 2007

WED 07 - More on Sanctuary

After two and a half infuriating days at work when nothing went right and people with IQs in excess of 120 were all acting like simpletons, we finally have things back on track to meet our major project milestone on Monday. Now all I have to do is the project paperwork I should have been doing in the first place. Luckily the GM sent me home at lunch today to give me a break (or maybe to protect my team?), and tomorrow I get to work from home so hopefully I'll be all caught up and ready to jump into meetings, bloody meetings on Friday. I'm in my 40's is that too early to retire???

Meanwhile, back at the more important stuff, more news on the Sanctuary front! Sanctuary creator, Damian Kindler gave an interview to Gateworld and a two minute trailer, with great special effects, will be released next week so keep an eye out for it. The interview can be found here at Gateworld, with lots of interesting tidbits.

In an earlier interview, Martin Wood said that it would have a Batman feel to it and now Damian tells us -
"The basic pitch would almost be 'The League of Extraordinary Gentleman' meets X-Files," Kindler tells us. "It's a show set in an undefined, somewhat Gotham City world with a foot in historical Victorian-era London.". This is sounding more and more like a series for me. I loved The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (TLOEG), The X-Files and Batman so if the show has the essence of those I'll be very happy indeed.

I seemed to be the only one of my friends that did like TLOEG, I even bought the DVD. There was just something about being set in Victorian times and having a diverse group of people with extraordinary talents banding together to defeat a foe. The good guys weren't all actually "good", lots of flawed characters which I really liked. Sean Connery was an added bonus!!

Damian has also updated his blog with more interesting info on the series so go check it out. The link is in the right hand column with the other Sanctuary links. It is only the beginning of March and the official Sanctuary site has had 1.7 million unique hits, so obviously the word is spreading quite well.

Before I go, here's a reminder to check out the Slice of SciFi podcast today as Amanda Tapping and Damian Kindler will be interviewed as well as the other cool stuff normally in the podcast.



The geek in me came across a few interesting things recently :

  1. Multi monitor heaven! Five screen panorama, the Zenview Powerscape Ultra HD. Check it out at Digitaltigers
  2. How cool is this!! Remote control Daleks - I want one! and they come in different colours too. Check it out at Thinkgeek
  3. This would be great for camping. Cold drinks in 60 seconds and powered by AA batteries. Check it out at Cybercandy



Catch ya later,
Trace

No comments: