Sanctuary Preview Webisode 7

21 May 2007

MON 21 - Another week to go

Saturday I logged into the chat that the good folks at SanctuaryFans.com had set up with several people from Sanctuary. When I heard that they had 5 guests I wasn't sure if it would be any good due to the limitations of structured chats. It turns out that my concerns were totally unwarranted as I had a bloody great time for 2 hours!!

The guests were Damian Kindler (creator & Executive Producer), Martin Wood (director & Executive Producer), Robin Dunne (plays Will Zimmerman), Emilie Ullerup (plays Ashley) and Ron Martin (Visual Effects Producer). Wow, this crew is a zany bunch and very entertaining. The hour chat was stretched into 2 hours and zipped along, often with 3 or more conversations going at the same time. I'm not sure about the okra references but I'm sure RoX will be able to bring me up to speed on that. I expect to see websites dedicated to Robin and Emilie really soon, and I'm interested to learn more about them as actors and their characters.

There have been lots of articles and blog entries about Sanctuary recently but here are two that I really enjoyed. Over at Sanctuaryfans.com they have an interview with Ron Martin that is heavy on the tech talk (which I love) and is definitely worth checking out here. You can listen to it or read the transcript.

Then over at VFXworld they have a feature article on Sanctuary and include some great video footage of comparisons between green screen shooting and the final product (just click on the pictures). Definitely worth checking out the article.

So, another week to wait for the next installment. I'm not sure what their intentions are for the future but I do understand why they are spreading out the first 2 hour pilot. They are really just feeling their way and testing what the audience is, what they want and what the consensus is on the so called "net attention span". It's all new ground but the people at Sanctuary are proving to be very responsive to the fans.

I'm really looking forward to the next webisode!!




Catch ya later,
Trace

No comments: